Talks and presentations that I have given
- Guest Lecturer/Presenter: Cyber Security Challenge Event Queen’s University, Belfast – January 29th, 2020. I presented a practical high-level overview/case study on a small number of OWASP Top 10 issues which would assist the undergraduates to complete a small CTF style challenge.
- Guest Lecturer: Queen’s University, Belfast- January 26th, 2020. How to Hack a Career in Cybersecurity . A general overview about my journey to become a Red Team Operator, with practical tips and recommendations for people seeking their first job in offensive security.
- Guest Speaker: Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. Deploying a Cloud Based Attack Infrastructure, March 11th 2020. I presented a proof-of-concept tool to the University and local cyber security community that generated Terraform and Ansible files to build an attack infrastructure. Useful for Red Team operators who are not Terraform/Ansible specialists. [slides]
- Guest Lecturer: Robert Gordon University Aberdeen (Scotland), 12th March 2020. Hacking a career in Offensive Security [slides]. A general overview about my journey to become a Red Team Operator, with practical tips and recommendations for people seeking their first job in offensive security.
- Trainer: Queen’s University, Belfast - February-March, 2020. I conduced an 'introduction to ethical hacking' workshop over a four-week period for second year computing scient students.
- Guest Presenter: Newry NewTec 2020. Deploying a Cloud Based Attack Infrastructure. A big shout out to Joe McKevitt and Jonny Mullagh for having me! [event info]
- Speaker: BSides Belfast 2019 - Offensive Ansible for Red Teams [slides] [video] Aside from showing how Ansible could be used for offensive security purposes, my talk also showed how Ansible could be used to configure a vulnerabler Active Directory learning lab.[git repo]
- Coach Mentor: MagicINC Capture the Flag Event, November 9th, 2019[event info].I provided coaching/mentoring to students based at Newry Southern Regional College participating in a worldwide CTF.
Image credit: Luis Quintero